Wednesday, May 27, 2009

View from the A Frame

Today is May 26, 2009.

I am leaving to go to Sky Ranch at Ute Trail in two days. I will take some pictures of the new improvements while I am there and post these with my next blog. Gary Morgan, our camp director has been at the camp for a week training counselors and getting things ready for the summer. Also, Thomas Ufer, our Wilderness Coordinator, has been there for a week getting ready. Matt Ventura, Luke Ventura and Frank Mangum are finishing up the conversion of Powderhorn into a duplex and should be finished by June 1st.

My brother, Johnny Seay will join me for a few days. He went with me on my first visit to Ute Trail Ranch in december, 1970. I thought we might freeze to death sleeping in the lodge and we were concerned when Hop took us on a jeep ride to the lower homestead in the snow. Johnny has been a great encourager to me for the camp all these years.

George Seay

2 comments:

  1. love your blog George! Keep up the great work you all are doing at Ute Trail. Best, Lee Blaylock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you George for keeping everyone that has a passion for Ute Trail updated! Michael Jackson

    ReplyDelete